韶华易逝。许多人千方百计、费劲心思地企图抓住青春的小尾巴,吃各种营养品,化妆,美容,以至弄得面目全非。其实,年轻是一种心态。20岁的人,可能已暮气沉沉;60岁的人,可能还生机勃勃。

 

1.         Throw out nonessential1 numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
抛却无关紧要的数字,包括年龄、体重和身高。让医生去为这些事操心吧,要不我们为什么付钱给医生呢。

2.        Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches2 pull you down.
只留下那些快乐开心的朋友,牢骚满腹的人只会使你扫兴。

3.        Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle.
不断学习。学电脑,学手艺,学园艺,不管什么都要学。永远不要让你的大脑无所事事。

4.        Enjoy the simple things.
享受简单的事物。

5.        Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath3.
经常地笑,长时间地笑,大声地笑,直到笑得上气不接下气。

6.        The tears happen. Endure, grieve4, and move on. The only person who is with you your entire life, is yourself. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
人都会流泪哭泣。忍受了,伤痛了,人生还要继续前行。惟一与你相伴一生的人是你自己。活着就要有活力。

7.        Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes5, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge5.
让你的所爱环绕着你,家人、宠物、纪念品、音乐、花草树木、业余爱好,只要你喜欢的,什么都行。家就是你的庇护之所。

8.       Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable7, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
珍惜健康。如果身体健康,就保持好;如果时好是坏,就改善它;如果改善不了,就寻求帮助。

9.        Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
不要活在内疚悔恨的阴影里。去商场逛逛,去邻近的县郡看看,到外国旅游观光一下,但不要踏足内疚悔恨之所。

10.    Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
一有机会就要告诉你爱的人你爱他们。

 

【疯狂注释】

1.         nonessential  adj. 非本质的;不重要的

2.        grouch  n. 发牢骚的人

3.        gasp for breath  上气不接下气;呼吸困难

4.        grieve  v. 悲伤;伤心

5.        keepsake  n. 纪念品

6.        refuge  n. 庇护;避难所

7.        unstable  adj. 不稳定的

 

【额外成就感】

1.         endure  v. 忍耐;容忍

I could hardly endure the hot and humid weather there.

我几乎忍受不了那里又炎热又潮湿的天气。

2.        preserve  v. 保持

    I think these interesting old customs should be preserved.

我认为这些有趣的旧习俗应该保持下去。